Monday, March 14, 2011

Rule for Technology


My mom hated for my dad to fix anything. He would start a project with the best of intentions, and half-way through he would get discouraged and find a quick fix solution by using - you guess it - duct tape.

"The way technology works is inversely proportional to the number of people viewing the presentation at a given time."

Needless to say, I thought I had at least 10 blogs scheduled by now, but I see that I haven't. I'll speed them up to daily until I can get caught up. Thanks.

I thought I left the days of duct tape behind when I went to graduate school. In conducing class, the video tripod didn't work. Just like the men in this pic, the men in the class stood around the tripod to try to figure out how to remedy the situation. They found a quick fix solution by using my dad's favorite remedy - you guessed it again - duct tape. Duct tape and technology: You can't live with it. You can't live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment