Monday, March 7, 2011

Using the iPod

About 2 years ago, our music supervisor had the foresight to buy elementary school teacher in the school system an iPod with the music from 2 music series from grades K-5 already loaded. Prior to using the iPod, teachers used CD players and had to switch CDs for every different song used during a lesson. This could be time consuming for the music teacher who had a habit of sitting things down and forgetting where he/she placed them. This has revolutionized my teaching.


My co-teacher was fortunate in that he was one of the first to receive a Bose sound dock. This sound dock can be charged and transported to any location without having to locate an electric plug. And boy does that sound dock emit some tremendous sound.

I on the other hand received the second round of sound docks. Mine is a JVC. I looked online for a picture, but I couldn't find one. That says a lot. Unlike my coworker's, my sound dock does not charge so it must be continually plugged into an electrical outlet. The sound it emits is not nearly as loud as my co-worker's Bose sound dock.

The downside is I don't have control of my iPod. The other music teacher does. I once cleared all of my songs out of my iPod unknowingly when it was in my pocket and I had to travel from room to room to teach while the building was being painted. My co-worker loaded all of my songs in a matter of minutes. In the near future, I plan to load all the music on my school computer and configure my iPod myself so that I don't have to use the circular dial to find the songs I need. That is time consuming and sometimes aggravating. In addition, I can't delete previous playlists from my iPod by hand. Whenever I figure out how to control my iPod from my own computer, I'll blog to let you know how I did it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment